Statement of Liabilities and Assets
|Capital And Reserve Bank Reserve Fund||12,769||-||Gold and foreign
|Australian notes on issue||69,887||-59||Australian dollar investments||82,882||1,807|
|Exchange Settlement balances||24,240||-68||Other assets (including clearing items)||1,607||134|
|Deposits (excluding Exchange Settlement balances)||20,794||3,687|
Gold and foreign exchange
Changes in this item reflect transactions of the following kinds:
- the Bank's transactions in foreign exchange and foreign securities (including under repurchase agreements);
- earnings on foreign currency investments; and
- changes in the valuation of foreign currency and gold, and changes in the market prices of the Bank's holdings of foreign currency securities.
In the week to 3 February the fall mainly reflects item (a).
Australian dollar investments
Movements in this item reflect:
- the Bank's transactions in securities (including under repurchase agreements) with the private sector;
- earnings on securities and changes in valuation.
In the week to 3 February the rise mainly reflects item (a).
Summary historical data on the Bank's liabilities and assets are available in statistical table A1 – Liabilities and Assets – Summary on the Reserve Bank's web site. The Bank's liabilities and assets data are also provided on a more disaggregated basis in statistical table A1 – Liabilities and Assets – Detailed; this data is provided on a lagged basis of up to 4 months.