It is important to the effectiveness of the Reserve Bank's policies that its roles and objectives are understood. The Bank has a wide range of resources available to the public that help to explain different aspects of its work and functions. Online these include:
- information on the operations and objectives of monetary policy;
- a presentation for students and teachers with graphs on key economic data and developments (updated each quarter);
- guides on using and understanding economic data;
- an annual economic essay competition for undergraduate students; and
- a primary school education resource about Australia's banknotes.
Separately, the Bank provides presentations to teachers and students, at all stages of learning, on a variety of subjects including: the role and functions of the Bank, general economic conditions and Australian banknotes. These presentations are generally held in the Reserve Bank of Australia Museum, but for larger groups, it may be possible to arrange an offsite visit by a Bank economist.